Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bittersweet Night

BYU gets beat, but the Red Sox pull off one of the best single game comebacks I've seen in a while.

BYU in all its glory, in its quest for perfection, in the spirit of tradition, being fully invested in their football season took their game on the road tonight to Fort Worth, Texas to play the TCU Horned Frogs. The Y has had it easy all season, not that they haven't won convincingly, but come on, Northern Iowa, Utah State, Washington, UCLA? The last two were pac-10 foes, but yada yada, both are horrible this season and look to be bowl eligible if you combine total wins by both teams. TCU is the first real team BYU has had to play and it showed. Completely dominated on both sides of the ball. As a Ute fan I was giddy all night to see a talented BYU team face the reality of being human. On the other hand, November 6? GULP. Utah better look real hard and real long at what the Horned Frogs did to the cougs. (Horned Frogs? Really?) So for the moment I will gloat in glory as Utah is the only team left in Utah to remain BCS buster hopefuls!

Now, as every season goes along, I hate the Red Sox more and more. Yes a lot of that is because of what they did to my Yanks in 2004, but the Red Sox remind me of cougar fans. When the win, Red Sox fans turn up everywhere. There are more Red Sox fans in Utah than ever before. I have friends who are Red Sox fans that if you asked me in high school I would have told you they didn't even know what a baseball was. But now they are die hards. The BoSox were down 7-0 in the 8th inning and tied it up going into the ninth. Ridiculous. Sure its awesome a team could accomplish the feat, but now the rumor mill of 2004's down 3 games to none comeback against the Yankees will begin to surface. Thousands of hopeful Red Sox fans will annoy me with their guarantees and promises that the BoSox are going to come back and win and then go on to win the World Series. Give me a break. The Rays are going to down them in game 6 and get this thing settled. The sooner the Red Sox are out, the happier I will be!! If I have to watch Youkilis bat one more time I am going to throw up. The guy looks like a serial rapist for cryin' out loud. When he strikes out, gets thrown out, flies out or makes a defensive error, I am nervous for everyone in the stadium. The guy looks like a loony ready to flip. Anyways, the Rays deserve it and they will prove to all those Red Sox "fans" who will strangely become Rays "fans" next year that they are simply better and have more heart that the BoSox!

No comments: